background

Dec 6, 2012

We're in!

We made it! We survived living with my dad for 2 months! We squeezed the stuff we needed to get by with into 2 bedrooms and had limited idea where everything was.  I think my dad enjoyed having us around but I am sure he was looking forward to the moments of quietness again and not having to witness a tired, tantruming 2 1/2 year old after daycare every day.  He will miss us.

The house....is awesome!  We closed at 9 am on the 30th. We had a loaded trailer ready to unload, had movers meeting us at the storage unit at 11 to move our boxes, and had the cable guys at the house by 3 (god forbid Aaron missed any football games on Saturday!). My dad and Aaron started unloading boxes right away and Aaron's parents and aunt were here by mid afternoon to help. The rest of the family (siblings and even a couple uncles) were here throughout the weekend to help and by late Sunday afternoon I had the Christmas tree up! I know, I know, i'm crazy to get so much done in 2 days...but those of you that know me know how type A and organized I am so there is no way I could have sat in a mess of boxes longer than one day.  I had to get the majority of things put away (nothing is hanging on the walls yet so I wasn't that bad!) in order to relax. Being 7 months pregnant was both good and bad...it was nice to order people around and tell them where to put things, but at the same time it's frustrating not to be able to pick a box up yourself and get it to where it belongs on your own time.

Shea was picked up by my aunt after daycare on Friday and spent the night and all day Saturday at the farm with them. It was her first sleepover somewhere without me, Aaron or grandma but I think she did ok. She was best friends with my cousin Kirby by the end of the weekend and even got to go watch my other cousin Tate's basketball games. It was so funny to watch her when she got to the house the first time. She walked in like we had always lived there, strutted around the place like she owned it and shut herself in her "play room" (the den) with all her toys she hasn't seen in months. Uncle Seth taught her to close the French doors and not let anyone in the room until they knocked...now she just needs to charge people a quarter to get in and she will be just like her mommy (my poor sister knows what I am talking about).

I am sure some of you are wanting to see pics....soon I promise! I'm on the iPad now and haven't uploaded any to our computer yet...I'm sorry! That's why I never blog, by the time I get my pictures on the computer they're outdated and months behind.

Again, we love our house...it's so awesome not having to carry groceries up the stairs anymore, the fact we have no neighbors behind us is wonderful (praying that farm never decides to sell), my clothes don't get squished & wrinkled in the closet anymore, I have so many cabinets in my kitchen that some of them are even empty, Shea has an extra room for all her toys so they're not completely cluttering the family room....and those are just a few of the things I am noticing so far. :)

No comments: