So I am already 32 weeks along with baby #2 and last Monday I was in for my appointment (2 week appointments have already started, yikes!). Appointment was going well...I'm feeling good except for those dang Braxton hicks contractions seem to occur pretty often...and then the doc felt baby's position. He's head down, low, and head seems to be pretty locked into place, in other words he knows how to get out! My doctor assured me that she's NOT worried but I DO need to take it easy, put my feet up as much as I can, and drink LOTS of water. She wants me to make it to 36 weeks at least (4 more to go). Ok, when they say that you can't help but worry and wonder what the chances are you will make it even that far! Shea was 2 weeks early and from what I remember I think she was always pretty low too so am I freaking out over nothing and everything will be fine like it was for her?
Now...how in the world do I take it easy teaching 5 & 6 year olds all day? How do I avoid lifting my 2 1/2 year old who often times prefers her mommy? If I'm not officially put on bed rest how do I know when I'm doing too much? Not to mention after Christmas I have assessments and parent teacher conferences I wanted to get done at school before baby arrives.
Needless to say I left my appointment feeling a little stressed. Baby's health is obviously most important so everything else will work out but if you know me, I am not good at delegating jobs and asking for help, I prefer to do things on my own and get them done so the next month or so is going to be pretty tough for me.
At least I did make it to target this week so baby has a few diapers and a couple pairs of boy pj's/sleepers he can start out with (he hopefully won't have to wear his sister's pink ones). All I want to do now after finally settling in to the new house is go shopping for boy things but that's probably pushing it after working all day....may have to wait until after he gets here and his nursery may look a little bare until then too.
2 comments:
Yikes! Your appointment sounded just like my friend Carly's. She has a 32 pound 20 month old and I think carrying him so much was a lot to handle!
Not to scare you, but just to prepare you - her water ended up breaking this weekend at 35 weeks and they delivered Rosie Katherine on Saturday afternoon! She is healthy and doing well, but will spend a few days in NICU to be sure. Try to rest as much as you can! Love ya.
Take it easy neighbor! When I broke my elbow I couldn't carry Emmie and she adjusted...it was kind of a nice transition to daddy instead of having to do it once baby arrived. Now she wants dad all the time.
If baby comes too early I'll run boy clothes right over!!
Take care~
Post a Comment