Aaron and I have been gone (not in Fargo) every weekend since June so I am now enjoying a lazy Saturday while Aaron is out golfing in Detroit Lakes for the day, which gives me time to post some updates! :) Here is a short summary of our summer:
June:
*Finished the school year
*Wedding (friends of the Kraft family)
*Wedding (Aaron's friend Casey Holland)
*Masters work (I'll be done in December!!!!!)
*Golfing




July:
*4th of July at my cousins cabin on lake Melissa...we had sooo much fun with my family!
*Aaron's cousin Kate's wedding in Brainerd...the wedding was BEAUTIFUL and lots of fun!
*Weekend at my Uncle's lake by Dorset (Park Rapids)...my mom's family and Sarah's BF Tyler were all there
*Lake Melissa again
*Weekend and our friend Mitch's cabin on Cass Lake by Bemidji to celebrate his engagement to *Kayla...we are SO happy and excited for them!!
*Master's work
*Golfing











August:
*Weekend in Karlstad for "Moosefest" (it's the small town summer celebrations weekend we a parade, street dance, golf tournament, chili cookoff, etc.)...Aaron's cousins from Brainerd were also up for it so it was fun hanging out with them too!! And...Aaron, Seth, Zach and their friend Cameron won the golf tournament.
*Aaron got to go with his brothers to the cities to watch the PGA Championship and see Tiger and other great golfers play!! Probably the highlight of his summer!!
*Baby shower for my friend Darla
*State softball in Grand Forks....unfortunately games were delayed because of rain on Saturday and the tournament was canceled on Sunday because of the rain...but we still managed to have a little fun Saturday night and it was my friend Emily's first night out since having little Emmerich in May!!
*Golfing


*** My weekdays in August have been spent in classed through the school district and getting my classroom ready for the new school year....DON'T THINK I'M READY!!
This past week I got to meet all my new kindergarteners (besides the 3 that didn't show up for their assessment time). So far, I am hopeful I will have a good class (knock on wood), which is a relief after a pretty difficult year last year. We will see what the year brings..... We start school this Wednesday!!
Update on my mom: Many of you may be wondering how my mom's doing...she's doing pretty good. Every 6 weeks she has a scan done and her tumors are staying the same size...which is all we can hope for! Like I said before, she will never be cured so as long as they can keep it at bay it's a miracle!
Until next time....
1 comment:
I about died of shock when I saw you updated!!! Have a GREAT first day of school tomorrow. and don't worry...you can relax with the girls on Saturday!!
Post a Comment