background

Sep 7, 2010

Crazy Busy End to the Summer!






Well sorry it has been awhile since my last post. There has been so much going on and too much to write about so here is a quick list of things we have done since July!
-Aaron's was a groomsmen in his really good friend Mitch Deere's wedding in Baudette, MN. It was a VERY fun wedding (Aaron had physical evidence to prove it...if you want a good laugh ask me about it some time)and we are SO happy for Mitch and Kayla! Shea spent lots of time with Grandpa & Grandpa Olson in Karlstad & Baudette that weekend. Thanks Jodie for all your help taking care of her. We even spent our first night away from our little girl too to go early to the rehearsal/grooms-dinner that weekend....Yes, I was counting down the MINUTES the next day until she came to meet us before the wedding. I did really good though for being away from her for the first time!
-Aaron's softball team got 4th place at state.
-We surprised grandma Jodie with a visit from Shea in Karlstad. Greg met us in Grand Forks to pick her up and Jodie about passed out when she opened the door and Shea was sitting in the car. Shea had her 2nd sleepover away from us while Aaron and I attended my 10 year high school reunion here in Fargo that weekend.
-Aaron snuck in rounds of golf of course when he could.
-I put in a lot of hours off and on at school to get my classroom ready for the year. I was SO NOT ready to go back!
-Aaron had 2 weeks off from work to use for "paternity leave". He spent some quality time with his girl while mom was at school.
-Shea attended many parties in August...another wedding, a surprise birthday party, and a BBQ.
-We had 3 month pictures taken of Shea by my friend Lindsey. She is so adorable I can't even stand it! She did great right away while posing for pictures and was giving us some cute smiles but by the end she was ready to be done and left alone! It was nice we even got some shots with my family in them (and Sarah's dog Tank of course couldn't be left out).
-Shea and I spent a day in Grand Forks hanging out with my friends Erika and Liz and their kids Sophia, Finn (Shea's BF), and Olivia. We even got to watch the "big" girls at dance class...can't wait to watch Shea dress up in a little dance outfit in a few years and prance around like those girls...so cute!
-I started school August 25th and welcomed another 20 4,5 and 6 year old's (yes, you read correctly, I have two 4 year old's in my class right now). The students all are really nice kids but boy do they love to just chat away with each other all day...we are trying to work hard on "listening" right now. :) Oh well, I can handle that if that's my biggest problem. :)
-Grandma spent a whole week at our home with Shea while I went back to school the first week...Shea had lots of fun shopping and going on walks with the grandmas.
-Shea started daycare last week and it went really well! She seems to really love it there and is always all smiles when I pick her up. I really think she's already the favorite there because Aaron says the ladies are SO happy and excited to see her come in the morning both the workers try to hold her first when she gets there(Aaron has the wonderful job of dropping her off in the mornings and I get to pick her up!) Daycare has also seemed to do wonders in helping her fall asleep earlier in the evenings and she only wakes up briefly once most nights for a little snack. One night she even made it through the whole night!
-This past labor day weekend we went to Bemidji to spend time at the lakes with the Deere families. It was a relaxing, chilly weekend but it was nice to spend time with friends...and Shea LOVED watching little Olivia play around her...and Olivia LOVED talking to "Baby Shea". :)

OK, this list ended up being not so "quick" :)

We of course continue to cherish every moment we spend watch Shea grow up. She's turning into such a big girl who watches everything around her, smiles, laughs, rolls over, splashes in the bath, coos, and loves her family. She is definitely turning into a mama's girl I think...and a daddy's girl. :)