background

Jul 14, 2010

2 Months Old!! / July / My Mom






I can't believe by baby girl is 2 months old already! She is growing up so fast already and changing every day! She has her 2 month checkup tomorrow, which I am excited about... but I am dreading the shots! I hope she does ok with them! I am enjoying every moment I spend with her at home every day. It melts my heart every time she smiles and coos at me. She discovered her hands a week or so ago and I catch her starring at them cross-eyed sometimes, so cute! :) She loves to watch her mom and dad and is so alert starring at things around the house...she has kinda been like that ever since she was born though. It's neat to watch her discover things she didn't pay much attention to before like mobiles and the toys on her play gym. She LOVES to bounce with us on our exercise ball! Whenever she's upset it calms her right down, it's amazing! I think her personality is taking after her dad...she doesn't sit still at all unless she's sleeping and can be a little impatient when she wants something. :) I might have my hands full chasing after her in a few months already if she does take after her dad considering he was walking by 7-8 months! I am already dreading going back to work at the end of August, I can't believe I only have about 5 weeks left to spend at home with her!

Let's see...what have we been up to so far in July...
* We spent the 4th at my aunt & uncle's cabin on Lake Melissa. Their family was very excited to meet Shea and it was nice to get out of Fargo for the day and see family. Shea had a great time hanging out with Grandma & Great Grandma to let her mom and dad get a little sun. :)
* Aaron has been able to get golf in around his fatherly duties every weekend. Last weekend he golfed in a tournament in Mapelton with his brother Seth and 3 friends and they won the whole tournament, even beating the golf pros and about 28 teams! They were very excited!
* Shea & I try to make it to watch Aaron play softball on Monday nights...even though when we go I will admit we don't watch much of the game, instead we chitchat and catch up with my friends Emily & Lacey.
* Last weekend Aaron's parents came down to visit for Jodie's birthday. Jodie got to spend the day with her granddaughter, which is all she wanted on her birthday and we all enjoyed some pizza & dairy queen cake together.
* Aaron and I are addicted to our summer guilty pleasure reality show Big Brother, which is on 3 nights a week! It's one show we like to watch together (Aaron usually chooses to watch sports obviously) and love discussing it with our other friends that watch. We have even gotten Aaron's brother and my sister into it! :)
* I am looking forward to spending a quiet weekend at home with Shea & Aaron this weekend before a very busy week & weekend to follow! Next Thursday we are headed up North to Karlstad on our way to Baudette for Aaron's very good friend Mitch's wedding, which Aaron is a groomsman in. Shea has her cute pink flower dress ready to go which I have been dying for her to wear and Aaron is so excited to have many of his friends meet her! Grandma Jodie & Grandpa Greg will also be with us...which will be so nice to have their help during the busy wedding festivities!
*Last night Aaron & I attended the first of 2 baptism classes we have to take before baptizing Shea. My sister and Aaron's two brothers are going to be her godparents, which they are all honored and excited about!

Just a little update on my mom...
My mom hasn't been able to get her chemo the past few weeks because the liver marker levels in her blood are too high. We are hoping & praying that this week when she gets her labs done they are better and she can get back on her chemo schedule, otherwise my mom's not sure if her doctors will choose another plan...or another chemo...for her to try. She has been very tired lately and thinks the radiation she received on her collar bone in May affected her more than she thought. Your prayers again would be very much appreciated to help her feel more energetic and get things going again to fight the cancer. Unfortunately, it's a never-ending battle that we will continue to fight. I am so grateful to have Shea around to lift my mom's and the rest of our spirits and help us get through the stress of what my mom is going through; Shea is such a blessing.

1 comment:

Gracia and Aaron said...

love reading your update - thanks for sharing. I keep praying for your mom - whenever I see a photo of her on facebook it reminds me to!

We are home this weekend too - I will give you a call to catch up!

Love and miss you
Gracia