background

Nov 20, 2009

Good & Bad

I know I know, I am awful at updated this blog! This fall has just been SOOO busy I barely have time to breathe. I am finishing up my masters degree so have been busy working on my action research project. I still love my class this year and conferences this past week went very well. Unfortunately Aaron's grandpa has been VERY ill and in the ICU for the past 3 weeks so Aaron's mom and uncle have been staying with us and spending their days at the hospital. It's not looking too good right now so please keep the family in your prayers that they stay strong throughout the rest of this...now on the the GOOD, actually FASTASTIC news....Aaron and I are expecting a baby in May!!! Our families are overly thrilled and it has really uplifted their spirit, both with Grandpa being sick and of course my mom still battling her cancer. We broke the news by giving both "grandma's" an Aaron & Kelly Christmas list and everything on it was baby items. It completely surprised them, it was great! It is going to be babies galore this spring (I have many friends also expecting).

Update on my mom...she is still taking the chemo treatments from the study she was put in just over a year ago. Unfortunately, the study was canceled because it was meant for ovarian cancer and was not approved by the FDA (which my mom doesn't have, she has a type of sarcoma that is in other places in her body). They don't have enough data on sarcoma patients to keep the study running but the good news so far is her doctor seems to think she can still get the drugs even though the study has ended. Her scans every time seem to be consistent (nothing changing except for one tumor on her hip, which is good considering what she has) however eventually her body will probably stop responding to it so it will be on to the next treatment, which they already have one in mind if it comes to that and it has had some impact on sarcomas. Thank you for keeping her in your prayers for the last 3 years and please continue to do so, they definitely have helped!!

3 comments:

Gracia and Aaron said...

thanks for the update - i'm keeping grandpa olson in my prayers!

Emily Netland said...

So many things to pray about,both good and bad. Hang in there Olson's....losing family is always tough. and I cannot WAIT for Baby Olson to come this spring!!! ahhhh, when will you be finding out if it's boy or girl?

Kristen said...

Exicited to read about your newly expanding family! You are going to be an awesome Mommy!

http://kristenstakeonlife.blogspot.com/