background

May 11, 2009

WAAAY Overdue Update

Sorry...I have been REALLY bad at updating this thing. A LOT has happened since the last post. Here are some highlights:

MARCH:
BAHAMAS - We had an AWESOME time in Nassau, Bahamas on Paradise Island. We spend our days and evenings at the Atlantis Resort. Much time was spent on the beach, at the pool, on the water slides, and in the casino (sports betting of course). I will definitely go back there again some day, and this time stay longer as there is SO much to do! Here are just a few of our pics...


APRIL:
FLOOD
The end of March and beginning of April were probably the longest 2 weeks of my life. School was closed for 8 days and we spent about 3 of those days at my parents house because we were afraid they would dike off our neighborhood at Drain 27 and we would be blocked in. Luckily Drain 27 was ok and the rest of Fargo did a remarkable job of fighting and conquering the flood!!

Red River Downtown

Drain 27


Drain 27 across the street from our house

Army vehicles everywhere


Emily's baby shower - My good high school friend Emily had her baby shower at the beginning of April and we all had a great time getting together, playing games, eating good food, and watching her open up great baby gifts. I have a lot to learn about baby necessities. It will be nice when my time rolls around I can just call my friends to let me know what baby items I can't live without! :)

Easter - We went up to Karlstad for Easter this year. Zach, Seth, and Adrianne (Seth's gf) made it up there too. It was great to just relax and hang out with family up there. I wish we made it up there more often!

Jade & Lissa's Wedding
April 18th we traveled down to the cities for the Jahner wedding. We had soo much fun and it was a beautiful wedding! What a great couple, we can't wait to spend more time with them in the future.


The best news right now:
I finished my master's class for this semester (I start again the 26th already) and...
THERE IS 16 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!! I am SO ready for summer. I have had a very challenging class this year. They are great kids individually but put them all together and they are a handful. I have definitely learned a lot from them this year...there is not a dull day. :)

Last but not least: EMILY HAVE YOUR BABY ALREADY! Hehe. Emily was due yesterday so I am anxiously waiting to meet her new bundle of joy.

I will TRY to update more often....stay tuned...

3 comments:

Erika said...

Yeah for an update. I want to go to Atlantis!

Gracia and Aaron said...

Love the update! And the background!

Erika, I think a bunch of us couples need to plan a Caribbean or Mexico holiday together - it would be so fun to all go together!

Maybe next winter, so we can all plan for it. And maybe more of us will have little kiddies we can bring along too!

Erika said...

That is a wonderful idea Gracia!!!