background

Oct 9, 2010

Home

The Doctor let my mom go home late this afternoon. My dad made his delicious wild rice soup for dinner & my mom requested BLT's so hopefully she is getting a small appetite back. It's nice to be away from that hospital!

Waiting to go home

My mom is still in the hospital and hoping that the Dr. will come soon to tell her she can go home today. They did radiation yesterday and she will do it again starting Monday for 2 weeks. It will make her really tired but hopefully it will zap that very small tumor in her brain so she doesn't have to worry about any more seizures. As of right now she doesn't think she wants to go back to chemo. She's so weak and it just makes her feel worse...and in reality the odds are it won't do a thing to help anyways. Everything is in God's hands and I know he will take care of her.

Thanks everyone for continuing to pray for us...we will continue to need many thoughts & prayers throughout this difficult time...

Oct 7, 2010

Prayers Please!

Ok...not sure where to start...
My mom got kicked out of the U of M study this past Monday but a doctor down there started her on another chemo on Tuesday. Well, last night my mom had a seizure in her sleep and my dad called the ambulance to take her to the hospital. We were hoping it was a reaction to the new chemo but after an MRI they found she has a small tumor in the front of her brain. They are going to do radiation on it starting tomorrow for the next couple of weeks and then my mom will decide if she even wants to try chemo again or if it's getting close to time for hospice help. She has surpassed the odds the past 4 1/2 years and chemo just probably has run it's course. We are all trying to hang in there and there are definitely ups and downs so your prayers are very appreciated...I'll try to update again soon, we're at the hospital now still and hoping she can go home Saturday.